Things happen in life that sometimes slow our ability to be able to get a hold of our problems and move forward. These issues can include but are not limited to:
- Job Stress/Job Loss
- Marital and Family Issues
- Low energy or motivation
- Life doesn’t seem fun anymore
Perhaps your problems don’t fall into one of the above categories, or aren’t limited to the above list. Perhaps they are of a more addictive nature. You might ask yourself:
- Are you being secretive about a bad habit or an addiction you have?
- Have you noticed that your preoccupation with drugs, alcohol, or sex/pornography is cutting into your family or work time?
- Is your family accusing you of being an addict, but you feel hurt and confused when confronted with the issue?
- Have you been taking over the counter medications or prescription drugs in a way they weren’t meant to be taken?
- Are you having feelings of paranoia, like everyone is out to get you?
- Have you had some recent bad experiences with drugs and alcohol?
- Is your family or work life beginning to fall apart and out of control?
- Have you tried to talk about your problem with friends and family, but they just don’t seem to understand?
- Afraid of who might find out about your problems, and aren’t sure who to trust?
If you answered yes or maybe to any of the above questions, you may have a problem with addiction, or some other mental health issue.
When you have an addiction or mental health issue, it can be difficult to gain enough strength and perspective to make the needed changes to get your life back on track.
These added stressors, on top of the bad habit or addiction, make it even more difficult.
Find out how to stop the addiction or problem behavior/thought/condition by making an appointment today. As a Professional Counselor and Addiction Specialist, I can give perspective, add motivation, and help to give you that push you need to make positive change in your life. If you live in the Kansas City area, please contact me today to begin your journey to recovery.
Explore the blog!
Even if you think you don’t need counseling, take a look around the site. I chose a blog format for my site because I wish to educate and inform people about human behavior. Look to the top of the page for Blog Articles for more information.